Saturday, November 11, 2006

me=faux pas

I’m certainly no relationship expert. I tend to say the wrong things and forget too much of the important things. The older I get the more I realize how much I stink at interacting with the people in my life.

Sometimes I make it more difficult than it needs to be. I read into things a little too much, which is putting it lightly. I never really trust that there isn’t some hidden meaning behind anything people do. An omission means something. Sarcasm is less of a ‘joke’ and more of a stab. Instead of having an optimistical glossy view of the good in people, I tend to see people through my jaded lens of ‘worst-case thinking.’

Does that mean my omissions mean something? Is my sarcasm a passive aggressive way of letting someone know they irritate me? Maybe I could hold myself to the same standards that I hold others. It’s hard to make good friends but it’s not hard to keep them when the only expectations you have are for yourself.

No comments: