Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Petrologist

A few months ago, if you asked my son what he wanted to be when he grew up, he'd proudly respond, "A pizza guy. Yeah, I want to make pizza." Today, he asked me how long he'd have to go to college. I told him that it all depends on what it is he wants to do. "Well, what if I wanted to study rocks? How long would I have to go to college for that?"

I start to do a search online, because I want my seven year old to be as informed as possible about his new life choice. I read the various information that I find online and look over to make sure he's getting it all. He's engrossed in a bowl of green Jell-o and hasn't really heard a word I've said.

Me: Did you get all that?
Him: Yep, I bet if I went to mars and found a rock that looked just like this Jell-o, except not jiggly and maybe bigger, people would think that was real cool.

1 comment:

Sock Girl said...

Yep. He's right. A Martian jello rock would indeed be very cool. And probably pay for his geology degree.