Thursday, May 25, 2006

tooth fairy blunder


I should get the "Worst Mom of the Year" award. Job lost his first tooth yesterday. He's been a little worried the last month because he was the last kid in his class to lose a tooth. He was worried that they were growing up faster. So, we've been watching this loose tooth for about a week, which was a huge deal. He finally loses it, carefully places it under his pillow, tries not to move all night and the tooth fairy didn't even show up. You got it, I forgot. I was waiting until he was good and asleep and by that time I was good and asleep. He woke up this morning yelling, "MOM? the tooth fairy didn't take my tooth!!" He was really mad at the tooth fairy this morning. So, I'll have to make it up to him and leave $2. I told him she must have been super busy and she knew he'd understand. Much to my surprise, he graciously accepted the explaination and proceeded to ask if he'd get more money for the second tooth.

No comments: