Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Blog It!

Anytime I've ever sat down and thought about this blogging business I've felt the sudden urge to stick forks in my eyeballs. I always feel inept. I usually find myself thinking, "no one reads your damn blog anyway so what's the point" "you have nothing interesting to say" "who cares no one reads it, right?"

My home page is MSN and I read an article every now and then. Tonight, (or should I say this morning, since it's 5am and I still have not placed my head on my magic foamy pillow) I was skimming through some articles and discovered that msn has something called "spaces" where apparently people blog. MSN features some of these blogs and the featured space in the particular article I came across is maintained by a pet owner who writes about the "nine lives" of her cat. Yep, that's right, she writes about her cat and people looooove it. I must admit, it made me smile.

So, I sit here and wonder, why the hell do I care what I'm writing in my blog. If people take the time to read about the life of a cat, they might just stop by my little blog and see what's going on, right? No? No I think I knew that. Well, at least my blog can lead you to the fabulous frolicking of a cat named Manny. Enjoy.

Please do check back though, because I bought a wonderful book that I'm sure will add delicious wit and comical insight to my blogs *wink*

No One Cares What You Had For Lunch: 100 Ideas for Your Blog by Maggie Mason (aka Mighty Girl)

1 comment:

Romeo Morningwood said...

I care.
I go through the same damn thing once a month. You have to write for yourself. Get out whatever it is that you need to get out of your head.
If you want readers you have to go and comment. There are millions of blogs out there...get out there and make it happen.

PS. Way up here in CANA la di DA
(coincidence?) I call all soft drinks Coke!