Thursday, September 07, 2006

Together Again

It's hard for me to believe that I no longer need to check the ticker to determine when my husband will be home. HE'S HERE! It was an extremely long day waiting for the plane to land, but one that will forever be seared into my heart. Our journey through this deployment has been a long one, but God brought us through it. As I watched the plane land and the soldiers step off, I realized how unbelievably blessed we are. Daddy is home!

Daddy is home and in an instant their world is made normal again. Daddy is home and in an instant their smiles glow brighter. Daddy means hero to them. As much as I tried to stand in while he was gone, nothing could ever replace daddy.

1 comment:

Alex Pendragon said...

FANTASTIC! Welcome back, soldier! I am so happy to see you back safely and in one piece. No, I do not know you. I don't have to. Your wife does, your kids do, and that's all that matters. WELCOME HOME!